The fact that the Internet is used today in practically every home in the world has caused the boom of different sectors in recent years. And one of the most benefited is, undoubtedly, that of sports betting. But, do you know the modalities that exist? Before starting to bet, it is essential to know the different types of sports bets that exist, and which one is best for you.
Types of sports betting
- Simple bets: They are the simplest bets. In them, the bettor places a single bet on an event of his choice. If the player matches the bet, he will collect; if you fail, you will lose the money. It is the most recommended type of bet for people starting in this world. An example of this type of sports bet is playing in favor of the final result of a soccer match as a winner or loser.
- Combined bets: in this type of bet, you make several simple predictions, and the odds of each one are multiplied. It is done with two or more predictions for two or more sporting events. The advantage of this type of betting is that they offer a higher profit, but are more difficult to win. And it is that, to win the bet, the player must hit all the elections. Ideally, single bets should be mastered before trying combined ones. It is one of the preferred options for bettors. To make combined bets, it is normal for you to choose 3 or more events that have a clear favorite. This minimizes the risk of losing the bet.
- System bets: They are similar to bets combined except that you do not have to match all the predictions to win. This type of betting is the new trend in all sports houses, being one of the options that are gradually making its way in this world. In this case, what happens is that the total amount wagered is divided into equal parts depending on the personalized bet we have made. A very common system bet is the 2/3 bet. In it, the bettor makes two different predictions about 3 different events. The amount wagered is divided between the three bets, and just matching two of the three results makes a profit.
Other types of bets
These types of bets vary depending on the sports modality, and cannot be applied to all sports.
- Handicap: These bets place difficulty on a specific result. If, for example, there are two competitors and one of them is not the favorite, the betting players grant a specific advantage to the latter, which is added to the end of the actual result.
- Head-to-head: These are bets made for sports in which a direct comparison can be made between two athletes or teams. They are very common, for example, in Formula 1. The bet wins if the best athlete is hit between two participants.
- Over / Under: The bookmaker predicts a number for a stat for a particular game. Players bet that the actual number is higher (over) or lower (under) than the one specified by the house.